Sunday, September 4, 2011

Booked another cruise - a short one this time





I couldn't miss the chance to cruise again.......while I was blissfully blogging away here while on the cruise my sister booked a cruise for herself and her partner. They had been thinking of doing a Baltic Cruise from Copenhagen to New York in a year or two, but never having cruised before were a little wary of committing to such a long time on a ship. So being all enthused by my ravings they booked the Sea Princess to NZ in November this year as a tester.
They told me this while I was still on the cruise and I thought how wonderful for them, they should love it. When I got home and had spent a couple of weeks at work and was reading other's blogs and how they had booked next years World or Pacific cruises already, I was thinking how lucky they are to be able to it. Then I started to dream of joining my sister and partner on their cruise......only problem being work and money! How on earth could I ask the boss for another 3 weeks off just after having 3 months off......but decided to bite the bullet and see his reaction :) After all I may never get the chance to travel overseas again, it is much more fun to share experiences with loved ones and I don't think I'd want to do it alone. It just happened  that my two chances were both in the same year.
Needless to say, I have been given the 3 weeks off, but still not having made my mind up totally I went to the Princess website and clicked on the cruise, then I clicked on pick a cabin and had a look where they were and before I knew it I was clicking on "give us your credit card details". And yikes,  there I was,  fully paid up and able to print out my boarding pass and luggage tags :) Which I duly did!!  Something I had to wait over a year for when booking the World Cruise. (it makes it seem real having them printed)
So after informing my sister and the kids, all I need to do now is inform the cat......who has to go back to the boarding kennel!!
Katie gets back from her 6 month odyssey a week after I get back from my 13 days, hence my needing 3 weeks off work......I have to go to Melbourne to pick her up. She is having a ball, but got a little teary when we skyped her the other day as I had Scarlett on my knee. (and leaving her for 2 weeks could also be a tad hard)
Best I finish the last lot of photos on here before I set sail again. Looking forward to just walking off the ship (or tendering) and wandering about each place, not planning any tours this time.......and we aren't calling into Christchurch but Akaroa so map not exactly correct.

1 comment:

  1. You did inspire us and we are looking forward to sharing New Zealand fun with you and learning from an experienced cruiser.

    ReplyDelete