Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 27 and 28 Sea

Our position at approx 7pm tonight
Ok, I'm sure I have this under control tonight.....I will type up
something witty and interesting and it will save (unlike last night!).
My iPhone is the most annoying thing, it will often say no service,
while Katie's happily says MCP Maritime com (is Optus when in Oz).
Turning it on and off and from airplane mode to not, doesn't help, so
today went up to top deck to see if it would finally
work..............nothing. But after about 30 mins it decides to connect
and sends me a text from 6 hours ago, which I couldn't answer because it
was  9.30 at night in Australia as opposed to 3.30 in the afternoon
where I was (I will answer tomorrow Joan).
So at the moment everything is working........The seas are really calm
now as we head for the Red Sea, was like a millpond earlier much to
Katie's relief. We are also out of pirate waters, pretty sure I talked
about that on the "lost blog" from last night, in fact it was about the
best so far, sorry I lost it folks..........yes that is a lie :)
We had another cruise critic lunch today, which is always fun and as
usual trivia, swim, read, trivia, eat, eat, sit on balcony and watch the
sea. That is something I will miss a lot, just sitting on the balcony
and looking out at the ocean, we even got to see some more dolphins
today. We saw a helicopter yesterday which was just doing a sweep of the
area for pirates, not as exciting as the jets the other week but
anything is exciting.
Every day we get our room cleaned and our beds made and every night we
get the beds turned down and a chocolate left on the bed. Katie will
occasionally eat hers but because I don't like chocolate and I don't eat
mine, we have got a collection going.......(photo above)
I actually don't mind the odd bit of white chocolate, which my sister
Diane says isn't real chocolate anyway, and am very happy to eat the
dates we bought which have an almond stuffed in them and are covered in
chocolate... mmmmmmmm
While there are a lot of things that we will miss when we finally leave
the ship, we are looking forward to seeing our family and friends. But
we still have 14 more ports to experience and they are all very much
anticipated! Not sure how the blogging will go when we have 5 port days
in a row , up to now we have had lots of sea days. More to write about
but less time to do it :)

3 comments:

  1. I hope that stash of chocolates does't make you exceed your baggage limit on your flight home, cause I'm happy to help you get through them. Remember to set up Viper so we can chat when you get to some reliable and free broadband service..looking forward to hearing how you enjoy Petra and the Pyramids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog. My favourite pastime last year was sitting on the balcony looking at the sea. Wait until you round the boot of Italy.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swap the chocolate for burnt matches,you always enjoyed them!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete