Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Darwin Day 6 Part 2

First off some good news......we got our wine back! in fact all wine
that was confiscated was returned as the apparently the Princess website
has differing advice to what is in the staterooms about bringing wine
on board. More to come on this I'm sure. Well actually there is no bad
news (we are on a cruise, how could there be) , so probably shouldn't
have started this with those words......
So.......yesterday we were given a tour of the bridge, now this is
something that isn't given to many passengers ever, so we felt very
privileged and special. We were shown the consoles and what everything
does and I will post a photo of the tiniest joystick, and this is what
is used to steer the ship......no sign of the big wheel of yesteryear! I
did post some pics of Katie and I yesterday, well these were on the
Bridge but we were told not to let anyone know that we had had a tour.
But i saw that another from the tour had blogged it, so was assured it
was ok for us to do it.
We are also very excited that in 2 days time we will be doing a behind
the scenes tour of all of the ship,for this you have to put your name
down on a list and also have to pay for it. If the number of folks
wanting to do the tour exceeds how many can be taken then a lottery is
done..... so more on this in a few days!!
I'm just back from watching a movie in the Theatre, Black Swan. Katie
had already seen it before but came again, I really enjoyed it and She
enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time. I left her to wander to Jammers to
see if anyone was there..........its been 30 mins or so, so I'm guessing
she has caught up with some-one.

joystick used to steer

a croc, stating the obvious here I think



A jumping croc!


1 comment:

  1. What's this "stateoom" !Guess if your going to do it , you do it big!So glad to see the wine came back ,I could feel the dissapointment coming through my computer.
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete