Monday, August 15, 2011

Mykonos

View from the Dawn Princess
Another shot from the ship while we waited to get onto the tender
Just off the tender and into town
One of the first cafes we saw
Too cute not to take a pic
Whole place is so gorgeous
Katie
We just wandered up and down and around the narrow streets
And up hills of course !
To see the prettiest sights
And lots of cats
Our home :)
How amazing is it
No-one from the ship seemed to wander where Katie and I did
The passengers seemed to stick to the shopping area, Katie and I just ambled along
Turning right or left at an intersection on a whim
Stopping to take own pic
a fat kitty
The $25,000 necklace I sadly didn't buy
But gelati we did buy mmmmm
Resident pelican......big beak!
He didn't seem to be too perturbed by us
"Little Venice"
Windmills that looked like a good place to walk to
Always good to point out the obvious
Or like this
One of the hundreds of family churches
Door to nothing :)
Another picture postcard street
love the colour blue
Amazing place - amazing lunch, our fruit juice could have been a lunch by itself
We ate and ate on the cruise, so much to try at each new place !
Katie cooling her feet
On the way back to ship, smiling cause we had a ball not because we had to leave. Really need to revisit here
Bye bye Mykonos

3 comments:

  1. Still enjoying your blog Helen, keep writing and posting! I especially like your comments under the photos, you make me laugh!

    I'd really love to take my daughter to Mykonos (and beyond)one day, it looks amazing. You are right, Katie does have a beautiful smile in every photo.

    I hope being back in the real world hasn't been to tough.. I know I felt really sad when I came back from my first cruise and had to go back to work.. (I need to book another one so I have something to look forward to again.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey, I have a few more countries and photos to go through yet.....I don't want to let go just yet!

    Work isn't much fun but granddaughter is :)

    And Katie is still overseas for another 3 months, it makes me want to be there but she is having a ball with young folks.

    I keep looking at cruises wistfully too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for not letting go just yet, too many good memories for sure.

    I bet Katie is having a great time on her trip, lucky girl. Lovely to hear you are making up for lost time with your beautiful granddaughter too!

    We can always daydream about the next trip, can't we? ;)

    ReplyDelete